About the TLE
Since the passing of SB 2033 (70 O.S. § 6-101.17) in 2010, the TLE Commission met for the first time on June 29, 2011, to begin drafting recommendations to the State Board of Education for a Teacher and Leader Evaluation System. A TLE system is the centerpiece of SB 2033 and is to be adopted by the State Board of Education by December 15, 2011 and local boards of education must adopt an evaluation system that contains the new TLE minimum criteria no later than the 2013-14 school year. SB 2033 is a result of Oklahoma’s application for Round 2 of the Race to the Top Competition and is touted as significant education reform.
The TLE rating system will then be a component of any incentive pay plan that rewards teachers who are increasing student and school growth in achievement, as well as a component for achieving career status and in the retention of teachers.
Download a summary of the most relevant and known facts about the TLE rating system.
TLE Commission Meetings - TLE meetings are held at the State Department of Education, Oliver Hodge Building, 2500 North Lincoln Boulevard, Room 1-20, OKC, OK.
OEA Vice President Alicias Priest represents your voice as a member of the TLE Commission. We will be in attendance to each of these meetings and will be posting real-time updates on Facebook and Twitter. So be sure to follow us if you are not already.
TLE Commission Members
- Ed Allen, Executive Director, American Federation of Teachers
- Dr. Keith Ballard, Superintendent, Tulsa Public Schools
- Dr. Janet Barresi, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, State Department of Education
- Dr. Don Betz, President, University of Central Oklahoma
- Representative Ed Cannaday, The Honorable Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Senator John Ford, The Honorable Oklahoma State Senate
- Anna King, President, PTA
- Susan Harris, Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
- Mrs. Jayne Huffman, Assistant Superintendent, Southern Technology Center
- Renee Launey-Rodolf, Executive Director, Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation
- Senator Richard Lerblance, The Honorable Oklahoma State Senate
- Jeff Mills, Executive Director, Oklahoma State School Boards Association
- Ben Robinson, Stem Representative, USAF Retired
- Alicia Priest, Vice President, Oklahoma Education Association
- Robert Ross, President & CEO, INASMUCH Foundation
- Representative Earl Sears, The Honorable Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Dr. Robert Sommers, Secretary of Education, State of Oklahoma
- Ginger Tinney, Executive Director, Professional Oklahoma Educators