Product & Service Discounts
NEA MB Offers Disaster Relief for Southwest Counties
Effective July 15, 2016, NEA Member Benefits has activated its Disaster Relief Program (DRP) in response to a FEMA-declared major disaster for incident period June 11, 2016, to June 13, 2016, and affecting Caddo, Comanche, Cotton, Garvin, Grady, and Stephens Counties.
NEA MB and its business partners stand ready to assist by providing resources to affected members and affiliates, and special accommodations to NEA member-participants in NEA MB programs.
A specially designed DRP Web page at www.neamb.com/disaster-assistance.htm provides details about the resources and accommodations available to affected members.
Your NEA Member Benefits Affiliate Relations Specialist will serve as your liaison during disaster recovery and provide important data and information that will benefit your Affiliate and your members. If you have any questions about the Disaster Relief Program or assistance available, please contact Kimberley Adams, Manager of Affiliate Relations & Communications, at email@example.com or 301-527-6243.
Jiffy Lube Discounts
OEA frequently partners with Jiffy Lube outlets in the Oklahoma City metro and Enid areas. There are no special offers at this time, but check for discounts in the future. Visit the Great Member Benefits page in the Members Only section to which stores offer members these discounts.
Orlando Employee Discounts
"Save up to 35% on your Orlando Vacation! Orlando Employee Discounts offers Exclusive Pricing on Hotels & Vacation Homes in or nearby Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando as well as Discounts on Tickets for All Orlando Area Theme Parks and Attractions! Just click on the following link in order to access your discounts. Visit our Great Member Benefits page in the Members Only section for the exclusive OEA access code.
WhiteWater and Frontier Discounts Coming in August 2106
Discount tickets to White Water Bay and Frontier City will be back next summer. Watch this pace for more details in the Spring of 2017.
Schlitterbahn Kansas City - OEA's newest attraction partner
Save up to 24% off an all-day admission and up to $20 off a 2016 season pass to Schlitterbahn Kansas City. Visit our Great Member Benefits page in the Members Only section for the exclusive OEA access code.
OEA Members, Sign Up For Free Subscription to the Oklahoma Observer
OEA members can now receive a free, one-year digital subscription -- and a second year at half price -- to the The Oklahoma Observer, a fresh voice of reason among Oklahoma media coverage of education. Visit our Members Only section for the promo code and instructions.
OEA members can now save valuable time creating their lesson plans. My Lesson Planner integrates both the Oklahoma PASS and Common Core standards directly into the lesson planning process. Other features include Progress Monitoring/RTI, a library of available lesson plans, a personalized teacher website, and detailed reporting so you will know which standards you have taught and which ones you haven’t. OEA members can subscribe to this service for just $5.95 a month, a 25% savings!
Visit our Members Only section for a link to a special OEA webpage on mylessonplanner.com.
“As a teacher who values in-depth, detailed lesson planning that utilizes the latest technology, I LOVE mylessonplanner.com! This website allows teachers to organize their curriculum with various tabs and templates and store multiple resources and strategies in one online location. This function allows the teacher to work in the classroom, at home, or anywhere with online access. Both the Common Core State Standards and Oklahoma’s PASS skills are readily available to reference or copy and paste, and the virtual calendar format allows teachers to synthesize their units into a coherent whole. Teachers can even create their own classroom website and chart student progress for parents, students and administrators. Oklahoma teachers can utilize this website to document their accomplishments and create artifacts for the evaluation process, plus provide a platform in which to reflect on lesson and unit implementation. This discounted service is a benefit to OEA membership, and I encourage you to check it out!”
Hassle-free Car Shopping
OEA members in the market for a new or used car should look at Hudiburg Auto Group first. What you receive is pre-negotiated pricing and trade-in value over the phone or by email. And Hudiburg will deliver anywhere in Oklahoma for OEA members. Even if Hudiburg doesn’t sell it, OEA members can receive a detailed pricing quote on any make or model.
Through this unique partnership with OEA, you get peace of mind knowing that you are receiving a fair price on the vehicle you are interested in. And you can use that price quote as a negotiating chip at other dealers.
Visit our Members Only section to find out how you take advantage of this great partnership.
Association Provided Insurance
Your membership includes $1 million in civil liability insurance, and $35,000 in criminal liability. Also, you receive $1,000 in accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, plus an additional $4,000 if the accident occurs on the job with additional coverage available through American Fidelity Assurance. (800/933-1853)
NEA Complimentary Life Insurance (formerly known as NEA DUES-TAB)
Complimentary, automatic coverage for all eligible members
All eligible members can take advantage of the valuable, automatic term life insurance coverage provided by NEA Complimentary Life Insurance.*
Although you are automatically covered by being an eligible member, please take a moment to register a beneficiary of your choice.
- A guaranteed benefit
- Provided at no cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life members actively employed in the field of education
- Up to $1,000 of term life insurance
- Up to $5,000 of accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Up to $50,000 of AD&D insurance for any covered accident that occurs while on the job or serving as an Association Leader
- Up to $150,000 of life insurance for unlawful homicide while on the job
Personal Legal Services Program
As a Member of the Oklahoma Education Association, your benefits include legal service that covers you not only as a professional, but also as an individual. This program is called the Personal Legal Services Program or PLSP. It is provided to all OEA members, their spouses and their dependent children and offers a variety of legal services for free or at discounted rates. 405/528-7785 or 800/522-8091 >Learn more
Financial Services Programs
OEA Visa Gold Card with fixed interest rate of 9.49 percent and no annual fee, offered through the Oklahoma Educators Credit Union. 800/324-8259
- Cancer Expenses Protection through American Fidelity Assurance Company. 800/654-8489
- Permanent cash value insurance and automobile insurance through Horace Mann Insurance Company. 800/999-1030
- Whole life plans available through American Fidelity Assurance Company. 800/654-8489
- Disability Income Protection and Group Life available through American Fidelity Assurance Company. 800/654-8489
All programs provide no-cost, financial planning and tax reform seminars with products that feature choice, consistent performance and flexibility:
- NEA Valuebuilder 800/632-8258
- American Fidelity Assurance Company 800/654-8489
- Horace Mann Insurance Company 800/999-1030
OEA Discount Programs
In addition to the many national discounts OEA member receive through the NEA, we offer a number of discounts just for Oklahoma members. Our partnerships include these companies:
- American Automobile Association – AAA will waive the one-time enrollment fee of $15 for any OEA member when joining.
- Bose Corporation, makers of highly acclaimed audio products, offers special pricing to OEA members on all Bose home-audio products. Whether in your office, classroom or home, just imagine yourself surrounded with Bose concert-like sound! Bose Corporation has the perfect pricing just for you.
- Flowers USA – Save 15% on fresh flowers, plants, balloons and gift baskets from Flowers USA.
- Journey House Travel offers special travel packages and the capability of recommending alternative itineraries with possible lower fares. They can offer some discounted hotel and car rates with their increased buying power through their affiliation with American Express. Journey House provides $300,000 insurance coverage on every airline ticket issued by the agency at no cost to the traveler.
- LaQuinta Hotel offers an OEA special rate of 10% OFF.
- Oklahoma Today Magazine – Subscribe to Oklahoma Today and learn about the people and places of Oklahoma. Members receive six issues full of award-winning stories and photographs for $17 per year.
- Six Flags Amusement parks offer OEA members substantial savings off the main gate price. This online benefit program also allows you to “print and go” so you have your ticket in hand when you get to the park with no waiting in the line to purchase tickets.
- Tickets At Work allows OEA members to take advantage of discounts and special offers for theme parks and attractions nationwide including the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, Disneyland® Park, Sea World®, Six Flags, Cirque du Soleil, Las Vegas and New York City shows and performances, movie tickets and much more! These savings are not available to the general public.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel – The largest organization providing affinity group travel. Vantage offers the best values and the highest quality programs in the market to OEA members.
Find contact information and promo codes in the Members Only section of our website.
NEA Member Benefits
The 3.2 million members of the NEA are linked by a common thread—dedication to students, to families, and to community. At NEA Member Benefits, we take pride in serving you! We are dedicated to making the personal and professional lives of educators better through "best in class" programs and services.
For more than half a century, NEA Member Benefits has helped enhance the lives of NEA members and their families through advocacy, service and information. We work with each and every member to find the best solutions to meet their needs. We strive to help all members increase their economic security through financial services, insurance programs and investment advice. We want to maximize members' hard-earned dollars through consumer discounts and special travel and leisure offers. We also offer resources designed to help educators in the classroom—from professional development services to discounts on instructional materials. At NEA Member Benefits, we take pride in being advocates for members and providing them valuable and trustworthy service—every step of the way.
Back to top