NEA Member Benefits - May 2011 Specials
Product of the Month
NEA Dental & Vision Insurance Program - www.neamb.com/insurance - 1.866.984.730
More than 165 million people inthe U.S. wear eyeglasses and/or contact lenses, according to The VisionCouncil. In fact, Americans are shelling out an estimated $26 billion annuallyon vision exams and accessories. The good news: Quality eyewear doesn't have tocost a fortune. We've got 5 ways for you to save big bucks on eyeglasses andcontact lenses.
Consumer Tips of the Month
5 Ways to Save on Eyeglasses and Contact Lenses
- Shop online. 1800contacts.com, visiondirect.com and zennioptical.com are just a few of the many sites selling generic frames, eyeglasses and contact lenses online.
- Keep your old frames. Just because you have a new prescription doesn't mean you need new frames. Most eyeglass retailers will put new lenses in old frames. Stick with classic styles instead of the latest trend.
- Take advantage of your insurance and member benefits programs. NEAMB offer steep discounts on eye exams, accessories (including glasses) and conventional and disposable contact lenses. For example, NEA MB offers members discounts through OUTLOOK Vision. "Once you're an Outlook Vision member, every person in your household receives the same benefits," says Ron Johnson, President of OUTLOOK Vision.
- Discount shop. Sites like AllAboutVision.com offer discount coupons, free trial certificates and other money-saving offers on eye care products and services, which are redeemable with retailers and eye care professionals. What's more, if you have an Outlook Vision membership, and you're able to find the same eyewear for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, they'll refund you the difference.
- Use your HSA/FSA. In addition to the tax perks you get from taking advantage of these spending plans, they can be a useful way to sock away money for a pair of replacement lenses—a much better option than rolling overany unused dollars back to the government at the end of the year. You can evenuse your HSA/FSA funds to cover the $10 NEA member enrollment fee for OUTLOOK Vision.
5 Tips to Save on Dental Costs
- See a dentist at least every six months. More than 90% of all dental problems are totally preventable (Sally Cram, DDS & Consumer Advisor for the ADA).
- Take care of your teeth at home. Optimal home care is key to maintaining the health of your teeth & gums between check-ups.
- Get insured. The NEA program offered through Security Life, provides 100% coverage for routine exams & preventative work.
- Prioritize treatments - Space out procedures - Ask about a payment plan - Take advantage of FSA or HSA (flex or spending accounts) when facing a lot of treatment'.
- Get a second opinion.
Professional Growth Opportunities
NEA ACADEMY NEWS from LEARNING BRIDGES
The NEA Academy Team is proudto announce that 40 NEW Continuing Education Courseshave now been added to the catalog – visit https://www.neaacademy.org/30256html for information.
Did You Know?
MAP – Member Assistance Program
Pink-Slipped, Riffed, Non-Renewed, orOtherwise Laid Off?
Be proactive! Visit www.neamb.com/assistance for guidance, information and tools for dealing with the financial repercussions of job loss and preparing to find a new position. In addition to a Job Layoff Checklist and links touseful sites on the Web, the "Resources & Services" section of MAP provides information on special accommodations that may be available to participants in NEA MB programs (NEA membership required for eligibility).
NEAMB Click & Save
NEA Auto Purchase Advantage Program
Get the best price on a new or used car – NEA members are saving an average of $4300 per vehicle*. The program offers special incentives with low, upfront pricing guaranteed in writing along with amazing customer service.
*Prices may vary by area. Average savings is based on actual customer transactions, including manufacturer incentives as of 12/31/10.
- GNC – Save 15%+ free shipping (thru 5/31)
- ShoeBuy.com – Save 10% + free shipping (on-going)
- Brooks Brothers – Save 15% (on-going)
- Hertz Adrenaline Collection Weekly Rental - Save $50. Use PC#155676 (May 1 – June 30). NEA CDP#50655
NEASM Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® Sweepstakes
NEA Member Benefits has teamed upwith Sallie Mae, provider of the NEA Smart Option Student Loan, to offer NEAmembers a chance to win $2,000 cash every month through August! It's our way ofrewarding you for your dedication and helping you further your own educationalpursuits. If you're one of the lucky $2,000 winners, you could choose to fundprofessional development courses for yourself, cover some of your expensestoward National Board Certification, or even help a family member with theircollege tuition. www.neamb.com/prize - 1.800.637.4636
NEA MEMBER BENEFITS
"YOUR DEDICATION DRIVES OURS!"
Back to top