Oklahoma Dreamers Webinar
What Educators Need to Know About DACA
Here are several resources for educators, support professionals, students and families about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, also known as DACA.
Resources from the National Education Association
- Toolkit: resources for educators supporting DREAMers.
- Presentation: Supporting Immigrant Students & FAmilies Training for Educators.
- Article: “A rabbit, a coyote and a Texas educator help students share their immigration stories”
- Article: “The End of DACA — What This Means for Educators and Students.”
- Article: “Why do we NEED the Dream Act? Aspiring educators!”
- FAQs: bullying and harassment based on immigration status
- Stance: NEA’s position on the Dream Act of 2017.
Resources for Other Organizations
- Anti-Defamation League: article, “Helping Students Make Sense of News Stories About Bias and Injustice.”
- Center for American Progress: article, “DACA Recipients’ Economic and Educational Gains Continue to Grow.”
- Here to Stay: Mental Health Toolkit for immigrants.
- National Immigration Law Center: a resource center about DACA.
- Teaching Tolerance: Immigration toolkit for educators.
- United We Dream: a Deportation Defense Card to know how to respond during an immigration raid.
Back to top