OAEA Racial and Social Justice Symposium: Change Begins with Aspiring Educators!
Our first-ever OAEA Racial and Social Justice Symposium begins Friday evening with a virtual movie screening and interactive chat.
Saturday’s schedule will include a keynote address from author Daniel Nayeri, “Everything Sad is Untrue (a true story)”.
- Seeking Diversity in Teacher Preparation Programs and the Teaching Force Panel–Dr. Leonard-Towns Newby, Langston University; Dr. Teri Mora, OPSU; Dr. Samantha Benn-Duke, NSU Tahlequah
- Becoming Anti-Racist
- Understanding Intrinsic Bias
- Institutional Racism in Public Education
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Students
- Decolonizing our Curriculum & Abolitionist Teaching
- How to talk to Students about Race
- Microaggressions and Pejorative Language
- White Privilege and White Fragility
Find pre-Symposium readings and resources at:
The event is FREE for OAEA members! Not a member?
Join Oklahoma Aspiring Educators Association at
Link To Event Page - https://www.facebook.com/Oklahoma.Education.Association