2021 Read Across America Poster Contest
Student artists in grades 3-12: draw or paint a
picture that depicts your favorite book or a character from your favorite book.
- Lower elementary students (kindergarten through second grade) may participate through the coloring contest. The official coloring sheet can be found here.
- All Oklahoma public school students are eligible to enter.
- Entries must be submitted on white, unlined 8½ x 11 paper.
- DO NOT FOLD ENTRIES.
- Each entry must include the following information on a label attached to the back of the drawing:
o Title of book the picture represents
o Student’s name
o Student’s grade level
o School site
o School district
o Teacher’s name
o School phone number
Entries must be hand-drawn or painted. Computer-generated art will not be accepted. Pictures will be judged on creativity, use of color and content. Extra-credit if your picture goes beyond the cover!
Downloadable contest flyer.
All entries must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, February 12, 2021. Mail, hand-deliver or overnight entries to OEA Focus on Reading, OEA Headquarters, 323 E. Madison, Okla. City, OK, 73105. (Entries received after the deadline will not be judged.)
All entries will become the property of the OEA and must meet all contest rules to be eligible for prizes.
An Award of Excellence and an Award of Distinction will be given in four categories, as well as an overall Best in Show:
- Kindergarten through 2nd grades
($25 and $10 gift cards)
- 3rd-5th grades ($50 and $25 gift cards)
- 6th-8th grades ($50 and $25 gift cards)
- 9th-12th grades ($50 and $25 gift cards)
- Best in Show ($100 gift card)
- Up to three entries in each category will be named honorable mention (certificates only).
Winners will be announced on Monday, March 1, 2021. Prizes for the winning entries will be delivered in March; honorable mention certificates will be mailed to the students’ schools.
For more information, contact Doug Folks at 405.523.4355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.