Oklahoma Education Support Professionals
ESPs are represented on the OEA Board and the ESP Committee
Education Support Professionals are represented on the OEA Board of Directors by two directors. If they are not elected as a zone director, the OEA President will appoint ESPs to those positions. Current ESPs on the board are:
Wilma Dudley, Southwest Zone C Director, Representing Bryan, Carter, Garvin, Grady, Jefferson, Love, Marshall and Stephens Counties. Wilma is a member of the Chickasha Association of Support Professionals, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mattie Smith-Broom, Education Support Professional Director At-Large. Mattie is a member of Sapulpa United Educators, email@example.com.
We are the...
- school bus driver who greets your child with a warm "hello" and delivers him safely to school
- cafeteria worker who gives your daughter a warm, healthy meal
- paraeducator who provides your child with a little extra help in the classroom
- office assistant who makes sure your son's records are up to date
- technician who wires the classroom computers
- custodian who works to keep schools clean
- security professional who helps keep students safe.
We make up more than 40 percent of the total K-12 education workforce. We are a critically important part of the school community.
We bring years of experience to our jobs. On average, K-12 ESP members have nearly 11 years of experience in education support work.
We are dedicated to students and schools. Nearly 95 percent of K-12 ESPs surveyed in 1997 said they planned to stay in education.
We have strong ties to the community. Nearly 80 percent of us...
- volunteer time to community organizations or activities
- live in the school districts where we work
Oklahoma ESP and Oklahoma School Law
Articles from Oklahoma School Law that pertain specifically to Oklahoma’s Education Support Professionals are now listed. If you have any questions about ESP rights under the law please contact your OEA Advocate.
The following Oklahoma School Law articles have information that pertains directly to Education Support Professionals. If you have any questions on how these laws affect you or your local Association please contact your OEA Advocate.
ARTICLE I: PERSONNEL
ARTICLE I: SCHOOL BUSES
ARTICLE II: VEHICLES
ARTICLE II: CROSSING GUARDS - TRAFFIC CONTROL
ARTICLE III: SCHOOL EMPLOYEES NEGOTIATIONS ACT
ARTICLE IV: STANDARDS FOR WORKPLACE DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING ACT
ARTICLE V: STATE AND EDUCATION EMPLOYEES GROUP INSURANCE ACT
ARTICLE VI: TEACHERS – Support Employee Disciplinary and Due Process Rights
134. Support Employees - Disciplinary Action
135. School Support Employees/Conviction of Felony/Criminal Sexual Activity or
136. Disciplinary Policy - Statement
137. Policy Prerequisite to Disciplinary Action
138. Support Employees - Notification Concerning Employment
139. Right to Hearing
140. Time for Hearing - Board’s Decision Final
ARTICLE VI: OKLAHOMA CAMPUS SECURITY ACT
ARTICLE IX: TRANSPORTATION
ARTICLE XVII: TEACHERS' RETIREMENT SYSTEM
It's More Than a Job, It's a Career
The National Education Association has an extensive amount of support material and news on education support professionals. Visit the website for more information
Back to top